mediengestalter.info
FAQ :: Mitgliederliste :: MGi Team

Willkommen auf dem Portal für Mediengestalter

Aktuelles Datum und Uhrzeit: Fr 29.03.2024 07:49 Benutzername: Passwort: Auto-Login

Thema: U, S, and Toby! vom 30.03.2008

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen MGi Foren-Übersicht -> Fotografie Showcase -> U, S, and Toby!
Seite: Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Weiter
Autor Nachricht
Gentle
Threadersteller

Verfasst So 10.06.2012 13:47
Titel

Antworten mit Zitat Zum Seitenanfang

Viele Monate in der Versenkung, zu viel Filmarbeit am Hals um den Blog zu schreiben - doch irgendwanneinmal hat mich der Tippkasper dann doch huckepack abgeschleppt, und ein paar neue Artikel ausgespuckt *zwinker*

For the beginning filmmaker, autodidact, student filmmaker, advanced director, producer, cinematographer, gaffer, writer, editor, sounddesigner, colorist or VFX artist - this list will provide an overview of filmmaking by sourcing from related knowledge that is freely available online. It should supplement existing knowledge, provide a one-stop-shop for tutorials, basic paperwork and catalogs, and make the learning aspects of film making a bit easier. Kind of like a course outline for a class, but all online, all free, and without a teacher or rules.

The Film LTK - Links, Tutorials and Knowledge

With creativity comes chaos, so keeping our office and equipment organized is a high priority for us. In 105 seconds, we demonstrate how to do it.

Cleaning Up the Prodigium Office Video Blogpost

Gentle
  View user's profile Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Gentle
Threadersteller

Verfasst Di 19.06.2012 10:52
Titel

"TERMINATED" is finally finished, published, and ready to watch. It's my first serious film, my first "big" production - an experimental short film that is partially running backwards, employs meaning between the lines and was shot on two December days in 2010. We were about 25-30 people that were working on the film, had permits for some things, and totally no permits for other, dangerous parts of the film. It's a complete passion project, and I hope you enjoy watching it.

Here it goes:
"Terminated" - a short film by Tobias Deml

The website to the film: http://www.tobiasdeml.com/page/terminated-short-film.html

Gentle

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Gentle am Di 19.06.2012 10:52, insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Anzeige
Anzeige
Gentle
Threadersteller

Verfasst Sa 10.11.2012 22:32
Titel

Nach langer Karenzpause - ich war mit meiner Kameraarbeit hochschwanger und hatte die Finger mehr and der Kamera als an der Tastatur - bin ich wieder da Grins

Jetzt geht es um Audio, und zwar um das Problem von On-Set Audio Monitoring...!

$30 Noise Cancelling Headphones in DIY mode, incl. Spectrogram Analysis

A $30 solution to getting noise-cancelling headphones; Monitoring Audio on set can be difficult when you can't tell if the sound is coming from the microphone or bleeding through your headphones. By utilizing construction worker earmuffs, the problem can be solved - and was scientifically tested with spectrogram analysis.

Gentle
Gentle
Threadersteller

Verfasst Mo 12.11.2012 06:00
Titel

In Englisch:

Judging focus on the back display of a DSLR can be difficult to impossible. Clunky on-board monitors that are mounted on the flash shoe can cause unwanted wiggle, instability and inertia in high-speed environments. There is a new solution now, with a DIY rig: An Android Application named "DSLR Controller" that lets you control the camera via a USB connection. Adding to that, I devised a way to rig the tablet to the camera with minimal inertia and wiggle, as well as an appropriate $2 sunshade for the 7" tablet that displays my camera image in HD with peaking functionalities and 2.35:1 overlay. Let me take you on a tour through this relatively new technology...

Monitoring a Canon DSLR on set with an Android Tablet; HD on-camera with Peaking for $215! "DSLR Controller" in a Real-Life film product environment.

Gentle
xenamiti

Verfasst Mo 12.11.2012 14:49
Titel

Gentle hat geschrieben:

*Thumbs up!* * Applaus, Applaus *

ach gott.. ist der verzweifelt Mädchen! Menno! da leidet man ja richtig mit.. und ich bin erst bei 6:29 minuten *weiterguck*

//krass.. ich habs schon geahnt, dass sowas passiert.. spannend *weiterguck*

///super kurzfilm! * Applaus, Applaus * emotional, gute musik, gute story, spannend Lächel

Zuletzt bearbeitet von xenamiti am Mo 12.11.2012 14:58, insgesamt 3-mal bearbeitet
Gentle
Threadersteller

Verfasst Do 22.11.2012 02:15
Titel

Danke fuer dein tolles Feedback, Xenia! Freut mich echt, dass es dir so gut gefallen hat Lächel

My 2012 Cinematography reel is finally finished (after many rounds of feedback and constructive criticism)!
2012 Cinematography Reel and Behind the Scenes to the Making of this year's movies I shot.

These are some handpicked impressions (took about 100 hours of selecting footage and chopping a hell load of clips on the editing floor, excluding the time it took to drive all over LA to get the footage from the different filmmakers I worked with) of the projects I shot this year as a Director of Photography.

Length: 2 minutes. Shot on: Canon 7D, Canon 5D MkII, RED Scarlet, Sony F3.
In there, you'll find narrative films, music videos and commercials. In the tags you'll find the directors of each piece.
A 4-minute long version is here: [URL]http://vimeo.com/46422185 [/URL]

Some impressions:

Feedback is much appreciated!

Gentle
Gentle
Threadersteller

Verfasst Do 21.03.2013 08:44
Titel

Mal eben in Englisch weiter- in Zukunft werden die Zusammenfassungen wieder auf Deutsch sein. Der neue Blog aber, der ... der wird in Englisch sein.
The U, S, and Toby Blog is back - after a long hiatus. There is nine articles available in the new, temporary space. Now, all articles will be written in uncensored English language.

If you want to stay absolutely up-to-date, join the U, S, and Toby facebook page - now transitioned to English; the page houses the most recent and even additional, supplemental content.

The Blog's new Name is:
U, S, and Toby: Filmmaking and Research in Berkeley

Obviously, the title has a few implications; let's get started!

A Very Quick Introduction
Short history of the blog series (which is now 5 years old), and an introduction what this new Edition of the Blog will be about.

2012 Cinematography Reel
For all those that missed it - and the reason that the blog got so quiet in 2012.

What the Hell happened between Summer 2012 and Spring 2013?

I didn't expect this to happen - but the article details how I went from being an independent filmmaker in LA with a big dedication to hunting after the O1 visa and living in a comfortably big room in Culver City, constantly working on projects, to a student at UC Berkeley, conducting and participating in research, living in a tiny shared room for the same price, and spending half my time philosophizing with geniuses.

The Film LTK (2013 Edition)
Obviosuly, since I started a new chapter, this continuous article had to move with it. If you don't know about the Film LTK, it's a curated collection of 200+ Links, Tutorials and Knowledge in all areas of filmmaking.

Early Impressions of UC Berkeley
I had all sorts of things in mind when moving to Berkeley (which is next to San Francisco and Silicon Valley by the way), but in many ways I got surprised: People had a different way of speaking here, a different mix of characters than in LA, highly interesting research projects at your literal fingertip, and a massive, beautiful campus that needs to be exploited in film location senses.

That's good for now Grins

Gentle

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Gentle am Do 21.03.2013 08:45, insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Gentle
Threadersteller

Verfasst Sa 25.05.2013 03:51
Titel

Ein paar Neuerungen..!

Work in Progress: Global Collective Intelligence

A new, quite complex article.
We have been innovating for thousands of years and had significant technological and social progress. In the next 100 years, we will be faced with enormous challenges like overpopulation, a worldwide energy crises and water wars. The only way to solve this is to modify and improve our tool of innovation: Our brains.
And we can't just stop at improving our own tool, we need to improve the global potential to intelligence.

Secrets of the Entertainment Industry - Speaker Panel at Berkeley
new article with beautiful bullet-point aesthetics...:

The Cal Film RUB - Filmmaking Resources at UC Berkeley

For all filmmakers and film students at UC Berkeley: I felt like there was a need for some sort of collection of information about filmmaking here, so I created the "Cal Film RUB" - Filmmaking Resources at UC Berkeley.
This includes everything from studio spaces to equipment on campus, to permit applications, the Berkeley Film Office and so on and so forth. Let's transform Berkeley into a legitimate production space!

Location Scouting and Writing for a Chaplin-Inspired Short Film at Berkeley

Finally - the semester is over and I can finish the first blog post about writing my latest short "All I Want Is Silence". A dozen location scouting photos, intimate details, the impressions I had, what drove the project, and why Berkeley can output ambitious shorts.

Getting Chaplin's Film Crew togther - in a world of Theory at UC Berkeley

A closer look behind the Scenes: Using Facebook and Google Docs to getting the film crew for "All I Want Is Silence" together. Managing about 1000 facebook messages, setting up real time spreadsheet collaboration, facebook group - executing what our UC Berkeley film studies program shall inspires us to do.

Making your first short film is hard, especially when you have no credentials. In this article, I explain everything you should know if you have all the right intentions and passion but not the knowledge to go forward.
The article talks about how to get a crew, get good actors, get good locations, set a budget, get your preproduction done, write a script and make sure it is good -
and in the end, how to make your First Serious Short Film.
Making Your First Serious Short Film at UC Berkeley or Anywhere Else: Bootstrapping

Gruesse aus Berkeley,
Gentle

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen Seite: Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Weiter
MGi Foren-Übersicht -> Fotografie Showcase

Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.